- CLIMBS – If your district is looking for a way to better serve English Language Learners, WIDA offers a course to help mainstream teachers collaborate with English as a Second Language teachers to bring WIDA standards into the classroom.
- Doing What Works Digital Teachers Workshop – U.S. Dept. of Education tells us how to do it right in this 50-minute workshop on literacy for ELLs.
- Edutopia – The George Lucas Foundation has created a site to take you into the 21st Century. Find out something new today.
- eWorkshop – Ontario Ministry of Education talks literacy and numeracy. Not specifically targeted at ELLs, but quite useful for background knowledge for the practitioner.
- New Jersey DOE ELLs in the Mainstream – New Jersey virtual academy for mainstream teachers
- Reading Rockets – This site is a sister site to Colorin Colorado. This particular link takes you to a first-year teacher reading program. As many ELL teachers find themselves being reading teachers, this self-paced course can be quite useful.
↑ Return to Resources