Add your resources to our page by emailing us!
WIDA: World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment Consortium supports academic language development and academic achievement for linguistically diverse students through high quality standards, assessments, research, and professional development for educators.
Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) aims to promote and improve the teaching and learning of languages.
The mission of the Office of English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement for Limited English Proficient Students (OELA) is to: 1) Provide national leadership to help ensure that English language learners and immigrant students attain English proficiency and achieve academically and, 2) Assist in building the nation’s capacity in critical foreign languages.
TESOL underwrites programs and undertakes a variety of projects with the aim of furthering respect for the profession of TESOL, for its practitioners, and for the profession’s student constituency. TESOL’s advocacy program addresses issues that affect the profession in the United States and elsewhere.
The National Association for Bilingual Education is the only national professional organization devoted to representing Bilingual Learners and Bilingual Education professionals.
- Teaching English – The BBC has so many resources, it’s impossible to list them all.
- Thinkfinity – Thousands of lesson plans through partner sites can be found here, as well as a community of teachers sharing resources and insights.
PRINTABLE BOOKS, ONLINE BOOKS, AND WORKSHEETS
- Breaking News English
- Free Printables for Teachers
- Listen a Minute
- Meachem Emergent Readers
- TLS Books
- Many Things: Interesting Things for ESL Students
- Starfall – Printable books to go along with the Emergent Reader website
- http://www.esl-literacy.com/readers/ Printable readers for adults
- IELTs Book
LOTS OF LINKS AND OTHER RESOURCES
- Colorin Colorado! – Targeted at parents and teachers of bilingual students, this site has a lot to offer ELL teachers who are focusing on literacy. Everything from videos to articles to charts to track progress… this site has it all!
- Common Core Curricular Maps – Common Core have you confused? Look here to see examples of what the Common Core folks think teachers should be doing. They also have a page of lots of online resources.
- Free ESL Materials – A plethora of well-organized links.
- Larry Ferlazzo’s English Website – Larry, a California-based teacher of English Language Learners, has a website that grows with resources daily. He maintains a very active blog and reviews websites for use with ELLs. He lists sites according to ability level and subject area. Well worth the visit.
- Kids Games – this website offers ideas and templates for easy yet educational games for children.
- Teacher Certification Degrees is a comprehensive guide for individuals who want to learn how to become a teacher or further their teaching career by earning an advanced degree.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- OKAPI! – Create reading probes with text you provide.
- WordSift – Find out what words come up most often in texts you require students to read.
- Using the Academic Word List – Tools that will help you teach students words they’ll need in academia.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF DOCUMENTS