Want to Present your Technology Idea?
Electronic Village Special Events: Call for Proposals
EV Fairs, Hardware & Mobile Technology Fair, Mini-Workshops, Developers’ Showcase, Mobile Apps for Education
Deadline for Submissions: November 15, 2011
You are invited to submit a proposal for participation in one or more of the CALL Interest Section’s Electronic Village Special Events. More than one proposal from the same individual may be accepted based upon space availability.
Proposals are being accepted for the following EV Special Events:
- EV FAIRS – EV Fairs are informal demonstrations where teachers or teacher-developers share their use of technology resources in two consecutive 25-minute sessions on one computer station in a presentation format similar to a poster session.
- HARDWARE & MOBILE TECHNOLOGY FAIR – The Hardware & Mobile Technology Fair focuses on the uses of devices other than computers that offer unique applications, such as iPods or Tablets. The Fair provides presenters with two consecutive 25-minutesessions to demonstrate their hardware applications in a presentation format similar to a poster session.
- MINI-WORKSHOPS – After a brief demonstration, presenters guide participants in “hands-on” practice. Space in these ticketed workshops is limited to 20participants. Workshop duration is 90 minutes.
- DEVELOPERS’ SHOWCASE – The Developers’ Showcase is an opportunity for ESOL teachers and curriculum/course designers to demonstrate new and original computer applications and/or websites. Presenters have 8 to 12 minutes to demonstrate and/or operate their software and explain its features and applications. A question-and-answer session follows each presentation.
- MOBILE APPS FOR EDUCATION – The Mobile Apps for Education session provides ESOL teachers with the opportunity to demonstrate pedagogical uses for their favorite mobile applications. Presenters will have approximately ten minutes to demonstrate their application and explain its uses for ESOL classrooms. A question-and-answer session follows each presentation.
To access more detailed descriptions of all events and a proposal submission form, go to http://www.call-is.org